Monday, September 26, 2011

Bored--moi??? Oui, oui!!!

I really hate to admit this, but yes, I think I am getting bored. It's either time to do something constructive or just sleep for the next few weeks/months of my recuperation.  I'm not going to do that.  I think it's just that I'm feeling well enough now to be bored so that means I'm well enough to start being productive.  The logical thing to do would be to write as I have many, many writing projects to begin and/or finish.  That's something to look forward to.  Last evening I was getting a bad case of cabin fever so Dave hauled me out and loaded me into Murray (his car) and drove me around just like "Miss Daisy".  It feels kind of silly in the back seat but that's all I can do because I have to stretch my leg out.  It was a beautiful evening and we just drove around Woodward Park and the neighborhood.  We stopped at McDonald's for one of my favorite treats--an ice cream cone.  Really, it is so good and only 4 WW points and it costs just over a dollar.  Reminds me of going to the "Custard Stand" back home when I was a kid!

I've been 'mourning' missing my 40th class reunion this past weekend.  This was also to be a reunion with my mom and two sisters.  That happens so rarely and I was really looking forward to it.  We always laugh so much that our sides hurt for days.  Last time I got a bruise on my side from holding it while I laughed.  One sister is from Indiana and the other lives in France and my mom lives in Illinois.  Too far apart, but they say I'm the one who moved away from them so it's my fault :-)  We talked on the phone today for over an hour.  Our trip wasn't cancelled, it was postponed, so we'll see if we can have another go at it.  The class reunion will have to wait until 2016.  I hope I last that long!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment