Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thirty-six years together

August 4 was our 36th anniversary. We were only 10 years old when we were married, that's why we look so young. =) Anyway, it's been quite a journey from 1973 to 2009. We've been through a lot. Have had a lot of good days and a lot of days we'd just as soon forget. I anticipated those days when I was young, but didn't anticipate how hard it would be to plow through. I thought if things got tough I could always bail out and go my own way. But a funny thing happened. I didn't want to leave. I decided to stay married to this great guy and work through the things that married couples have to work through in order to hammer out a life together. It's been worth it. We're so bonded together that I can't imagine going through life without him. I'm totally and completely loved and cared for by my hubby and I know he would do anything for me. I know he feels that I would do the same for him. In the whole realm of things, nothing is as important as that kind of relationship. We can and have accomplished anything we needed or wanted to do. I know that our mutual love for God has been the glue that has kept us together. Whatever we do and say, we both know that we are accountable to God first and each other next. It's good to have the same values. It was a good foundation for our relationship that began in September of 1971 in Hillsboro, Kansas. You don't really know what will happen when you share your life with someone. It's a very complex series of events and sometimes it seems to have a life of its own. We're going to be together another 36 years so we will keep learning and keep loving each other 'til death...

No comments:

Post a Comment