Monday, June 15, 2009

The Life of a Life-Long Learner

I've always loved the phrase "life-long learner" because if we're alive, we can learn something.  Even more than one thing a day.  On a good day, I'm learning something new all the time.  Sometimes I learn something all over again that I have learned already.  Now that's a trick. But right now I'm getting prepared for the Cancer/Illness Support Group that I'm helping to start.  As I was going through my Bible looking for verses that have helped me through tough times, I am in awe of what that book has.  Truly there's something for everyone.  Right now I'm looking at Psalm 119, which is the longest chapter of the entire bible, so I have had to break it down into bite sized chunks.  I did an in-depth study a couple years ago and have a bunch of notes in the margins. Listen to this: (from The Message) "God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course.  Give me insight so I can do what you tell me--my whole life one long, obedient response.  Guide me dwn the road of your commandments."  There you go--Life-Long Learner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment