This is turning out to be quite a summer. Comparing it to how my life was only a year ago, I think I "gotta life". Didn't take too long, did it? Here's a list of significant events so far in 2010:
* Many doctor appointments and diagnoses; Dave: atrial fibrillation, Parkinson's, cataracts. Deb: followup for back, pain, yearly exams, etc. Dental work--ouch!
* Feb.11: To Davis to attend class with Emilie (Micro and Anatomy Lab (cadavers and all!)
* Feb 12-15: Long weekend in Monterey with the family.
* March 1: Dave's cataract surgery.
* March 21: Fly to Portland, OR with Emilie to look for an apartment.
* March 23: David Michael turns 27.
* March 25: Side trip up to Forks, WA to look for vampires
* March 28: Home just in time to say goodbye to good friend Sue.
* March 29: Lost Sue--still miss her like it happened yesterday.
* April 2: Sue's memorial service--see you in Heaven, Friend. I love you.
* May 20-23: Idaho for Jessica's wedding with Emilie.
* May 24-30: Stay in Davis to help Emilie with Bridal Shower for Meg.
*June 8: Matthew Wayne turns 26.
*June 10-12: Back to Davis with the Friesen Five for Emilie's graduation: BS in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. No, we're not proud at all!! ha
* June 13: Jessica and Luke's reception in Fresno.
* June 18-20: Shaver Lake cabin with Assurance Group.
* July 10: Meg's wedding in Sonora.
*July 17-24: To NC to visit Anne, Geoff, Grace, Caroline and Kate, and my sisters Carolyn from Indiana and Nancy from France.
* July 31: SF with church group to see Giants game.
* July 31-Aug 2 (?):Davis to help Emilie pack for OR. See Emilie off to OR and Pharmacy school--13 HOURS AWAY FROM FRESNO =(
*Aug 6-8: Pismo to celebrate 37th wedding anniversary.
*Aug. 22: 57th birthday
*Aug. 23-Dec. 31: TO BE DETERMINED.
So, if I ever complain again about not having a life, slap me! And, be careful what you pray for. God just may give it to you!