Monday, November 7, 2011

The Six Legged Beast Is In The Hosue

Note to Reader: I'm cleaning house in my blog. This is a draft I found that I had written 9/18/11.  It's out of place here but I'm publishing it anyway.

Our house is now completely quiet only interrupted by our killer dogs barking at a cat lurking in our yard.  It's a jungle out there, or at least you would think so hearing those beasts with their deadly barking and carrying on.  The combined weight of the dogs is less than 20 pounds so they're just showing off for me.  

One really strange thing has been their reactions to this new 6 legged creature in their house.  They're still a little scared of the walker.  When I first got home they acted really funny.  I think they thought I had died.  They were present at "the scene" and saw all the evidence of a traumatic event.  They greeted me timidly when I got home.  The first time I got up to walk with the walker with them present, I was in quite a bit of pain and was kind of vocally expressive.   They were standing on a chair dead still, eyes as big as saucers, heads cocked just blankly staring at me.  I wish I had taken a picture.  The love and concern on their faces melted my heart.  They've been so good around me--so careful not to step on the broken leg. We take lots of cuddly naps together.

No comments:

Post a Comment